Friday, May 5, 2017

Blog 8

Sonia Flores discusses "Gun Control" in her blog and I must say that I agree with her views on the controversial issue. She discusses how the 2nd amendment does not pertain to today's society and technology. The 2nd amendment was put in place when it took forever to load a gun. I understand that people want to ensure their safety and I do agree that having a gun in your home to protect yourself from a potential intruder is a valid reason to have one. But, I do not believe that people should be able to just walk around with one, especially on a college campus. Flores discusses how many college students do not feel safe knowing that their campus allows open carry, I am one of those students. All we need is for two college students arguing over something stupid and then one of them pull out their gun and end up shooting the other. I do not believe that getting rid of guns completely is something we should do but I do believe that gun laws should definitely be stricter now considering all of the tragic events that have been happening in recent years. People are getting crazier while guns are getting easier to get ahold of. The Constitution needs a serious update to catch up with the times.

No comments: